Home » How To »
How to Apply for Passport
Category : Featured Article How To
By: Travel Places India
You can apply passport via two ways – Offline & Online
People of India know both the ways and they are doing it but applying Online is a time saving process. Most of the citizens still look that how to apply for a passport.
Applying for a Passport can be done online by going to the main Passport Seva Website. The Ministry of External Affairs has now made all passport applications on-line, so if you’re willing to renew or apply for a fresh Passport, you will have to go with the online application process.
Apply for Passport Online
If you are looking to apply for a Passport Online, you need to follow the below procedure:
#Step 1 – Login to Passport Seva Website:
- Go to the official website of Passport Seva & Click on the ‘APPLY’ section.
- If you already have an account, you can log in.
- If you are a first time user then you have to register and need to create an account
- For creating an account check the below steps: Click on ‘Register Now’ under the ‘New User’ tab.
- Enter the login ID & password. Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Register’.
#Step 2: Choosing the Application Type
After logging in, you will have to choose the relevant service from the options provided. You can choose to apply for a:
- Fresh passport/passport reissue
- Diplomatic passport/official passport
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Identity Certificate
#Step 3: Filling Up the form
You can fill the application Online or offline both ways, please follow the following steps:
- Download the form by going to the link provided, you can have a soft copy of the application form.
- A link to an electronic copy of the following forms will be displayed. Download the relevant form based on your application type:
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Identity Certificate
- Fill in the application e-form and click on the ‘Upload form link.
- Upload the filled-in application form.
You can also fill in the application form online and submit the same.
You can keep the downloaded form with you and can fill it later on whenerver you have time and can upload it any time. But fill it carefully.
#Step 4: Schedule, Pay & Book the appointment
After your form is complete, you need to submit it and you will have to book an appointment at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or relevant passport authority. Check below that how can you book an appointment:
- Go to the ‘Applicant Home’ page & click on the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’.
- The submitted application form details will be displayed. Choose the ARN of the form you have submitted.
- Click on ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ option from the ones provided.
- Next, choose the mode of payment from among the two provided, viz. Online payment and Challan payment.
There are two ways to get the appointment for Passport: Normal quota and Tatkal quota:
Normally, it takes 8 business days to obtain a visit at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra. If all the procedures are fine, it takes around 3 even more weeks for the Passport to get to the applicant.
Under the Tatkal system, the ticket is sent off purely within 3 business days.
Note: If you choose for tatkaal appointments, the online fee is the same as a regular passport fee. The balance amount, you need to pay at the PSK on the appointment date.
If you are paying online, you can move on to scheduling the visit right away. If you pick to pay via challan, you will certainly need to do the following:
- Take the challan to an SBI branch and also pay the amount in cash. (Note: This can be done just after 3 hrs of challan generation, which stands for 85 days.).
- Next, collect a copy of the challan from the receiving bank personnel.
- The bank takes 2 days to verify the ARN details provided on the challan.
- Effective payment of the fees will certainly be displayed on the website post-verification where the candidate can ‘track the payment status’. An email update is also sent.
Scheduling the appointment
- On the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ page, select the PSK of your choice.
- Select a convenient port from the mentioned available dates. There, the applicant is needed to choose a PSK based upon the available day.
- Confirm your appointment slot by getting in the CAPTCHA code.
- Next, pick ‘Pay and Book the Appointment’
- Application information such as ARN, name, kind of application, the amount that needs to be paid, contact number, as well as the appointment day will certainly be displayed.
- If you have selected to pay online, you will be directly be redirected to the payment gateway.
After the above payment done, you will receive a confirmation email of appointment with appointment number. You will also receive an SMS on the mobile number which you have given. Keep a printout of this receipt with you and now a days PSKs also accept the mobile SMS sent as an appointment proof.
In case, multiple payments are made for the same appointment/application/ARN, the excess amount will be refunded by the RPO.
You can also re-schedule your passport appointment twice in a year from the date of the original appointment. But you miss the appointment, you can’t reschedule the appointment.
What are the Important Documents you need for a Passport?
- Date of birth Proof
- Proof of citizenship
- A Human Resources certification on the letterhead, or a Bonafide Certificate from the School/College.
- Electricity bill, Gas connection bill, Telephone bill or Water bill in your name with valid address proof.
- Bank account statement, Voter ID card.
- In the case of a married person, one can attach the spouse’s passport copy and in case of a bachelor, one can attach the parent’s passport copy.
Updation and Re-issue of Passport
Upgrading of Passport is crucial in case of a modification in permanent address or modification in name (including last name before or after marital relationship).
In case of damage or theft, re-issue of Passport is called for. Important documents needed for an updation or Re-issue of Passport.
- In this case, a Sworn Affidavit also known as Notarised Affidavit will be required from the court in which it will be approved that the name and surname has been changed or added.
- If name changes from maiden to wedded then papers like notarised marital relationship certification is to shown compulsorily together with a joint photo.
- And if the name has changed or surname has been added, then an advertisement must be published in any daily newspaper (both local and national) mentioning the new name and the permanent address. And one can register for a passport only after 30 days from the date of publishing such advertisement.
- After all the above formalities a police verification is also required to make sure that the Passport is going to the right person or not. It has to be done within 21 days post approval from the Passport office, or else the application will certainly be turned down or rejected. And this will certainly cause re-verification of the Passport.
Note: One need to carry all original/valid proofs of all the papers along with self-attested xeroxes before going to the police headquarters. Likewise, synchronization must be finished with the law enforcement agent in charge regarding the timings so that one is present at the mentioned address at the time of verification.
Weenked Trip to Pangot,Uttarakhand
What are the Steps to follow for your Next Trekking?
My Road Trip To Uttarkhand From Delhi With Husband
Meghalaya (North East India) Trailer | Cinematic Travel Video | Shillong, Guwahati, Cherapunjee
Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Wonderful. I’m also a specialist in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.
I am always thought about this, thankyou for posting.
Leave a comment